NETWORK SUPPORT ENGINEER
Based in the center of Brussels, IRISnet is a young and dynamic telecom and services provider. Resulting from a private-public partnership (PPP) between the Brussels Region and Orange, IRISnet develops, installs and manages many regional projects of all its customers among whom: Brussel’s municipalities, hospitals as well as police and emergency services, Actiris, STIB, Bruxelles Formation, Bruxelles Environnement, ...
As main asset, IRISnet owns more than 400 km optical cables on the Region and has one of the biggest fiber optic footprints on this area. Connecting thousands of sites through different technologies, IRISnet offers many different services to its customers like connectivity (IP VPN), dedicated VoIP solutions, videoprotection & video conference services, wifi.brussels and so on.
The IRISnet environment bid a huge diversity of technology exposure on applications, network, voice and video products and can become your playground ! IRISnet is the ideal environment for those who are into technology and driven to achieve. The company’s core values are built around trust/ownership, client-centricity and partnerships.
IRISnet is led by CEO Thierry Joachim, and their office is in the center of Brussels. For more information, please visit http://irisnet.brussels.
As Network Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing support to our customers which are municipalities, administrations, hospitals and Police departments.
• He/She will show technical understanding on customers issues.
• He/She will complete all information’s related to the issue in the ticketing system.
• He/She works as technical support (level 2) on the customer network and services to his customers, mainly on Audiocode & Escaux for the voice part, Cisco CUCM for the videoconferencing part, Cisco and HP products for the network and. Knowledge of Video over IP is an asset (VMS Genetec).
• The support will be provided during the office hours and there is a duty support service after the hours (about one week a month).
• The work environment bid a huge diversity of technology exposure on applications, network, voice and video products.
• This position assures to the person a learning curve in a lot of different technologies.
• After the outsourcing period, there are evolution opportunities as product specialist and being involved in the services design and/or projects delivery.
• Works in collaboration with the operations team
• Communicate with the SLA responsible/service manager in case of potential exceeded SLA
• Builds strong team relationships with other Network Engineers.
• Connects directly with end customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues.
• S/he will be responsible of the direct communication to the customer and will classify the reported issue
• S/he will provide level 1 technical support to end customers on the different technologies, products, and/or solutions with a special focus on Unified Communication.
• S/He will provide the first steps of troubleshooting.
• S/he will share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical issues and solutions in order to enlarge the knowledge database and documentation.
• S/he will escalate the problems to the team if the issue is not to be solved at his/her level.
• S/he will escalate some specific problems to the product manager and/or to the Operations
• S/he will work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
• S/he will strive to technical excellence and expertise.
• Office hours 8.00 to 18.00 (early/late shifts ensured by NOC Team)
• The job holders will work mainly inside office hours but maintenance windows may happen outside working hours.
• The is also a duty service outside working hours and week-end.
• Location : center of Brussels (30 seconds from Arts-Loi metro station).
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
• Autonomous worker with team spirit (essential)
• Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential)
• Enjoys sharing knowledge.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
• Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment (essential)
• Out-of-the-box thinker (essential)
• Able to take initiative and drive change (essential)
• Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand
• Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement
• Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about IRISnet.
• Customer focused with care for the customer journey, thereby listening actively to various parties and taking responsibility for customer issues
• Team player (essential).
o Knowledge of SIP
o Knowledge of Asterisk
o Knowledge of the technologies ISDN, PRA, Fax (a plus))
o Knowledge of SQL
o Knowledge of Linus (command line)
o Knowledge of Windows
o Knowledge of a programming language SCRIPT (Powershel, Python, PHP) o Knowledge of a programming language oriented ‘object’
o Knowledge of the virtualization technologies (a plus)
o Knowledge of the monitoring technologies (SNMP, Syslog) is a plus.
o Fundamental "core" networking skills, including routing, switching o Knowledge of Cisco
o Knowledge of HP, Nortel/Avaya is a plus
o Fluent Dutch and French speaker (essential), knowledge of English.
• Bachelor in Computer Studies or equivalent by experience.
• Cisco and other relevant technical certification
INDUSTRY OF SECTOR EXPERIENCE
• Prior experience in a technical ICT / Telecom support environment (advantageous).
• Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential)
For the right candidate this position offers a permanent contract with competitive salary level with fringe benefits as well as the opportunity to grow and develop within an organization that’s ideal for those who are into technology and driven to achieve.
The Network Engineer reports to the Operations Manager and will work from the company’s Brussels office.
Are you the right candidate for this function ?
Apply to this position by sending your CV to: email@example.com