Based in the center of Brussels, IRISnet is a young and dynamic telecom and services provider. Resulting from a private-public partnership (PPP) between the Brussels Region and Orange, IRISnet develops, installs and manages many regional projects for all its customers among whom: Brussels’s municipalities, hospitals as well as police and emergency services, Actiris, STIB, Bruxelles formation, Bruxelles environnement...
As main asset, IRISnet owns more than 400km optical cables on the Region and has one of the biggest fiber optic footprints on this area. Connecting thousands of sites through different technologies, IRISnet offers many different services to its customers like connectivity (IP VPN), dedicated VoIP solutions, video protection & video conference services, wifi.brussels and so on.
The IRISnet environment bid a huge diversity of technology exposure on applications, network, voice and video products and can become your playground!
• As a network engineer you'll have responsibility for setting up, developing and maintaining our backbone network as well as customer’s network.
• The person will be responsible for providing support to our level 1 support team and troubleshoot any problems that arise.
• You may also be involved in designing new networks/services together with the network architect.
• He/She will ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance to our customers which are Municipalities, administrations, hospitals and Police.
• He/She will show technical understanding as well as empathy on customers issues.
• He/She will complete all information’s related to the issue and/or configuration in the knowledge Database/documentations.
• He/She works as technical support (level 2) on the customer network and services to his customers, and will know at least one of those environments:
o Cisco Wireless (controller 5520, CMX) o Cisco MPLS: ASR, ISR
o Fortinet: Fortigate, Fortianalyzer, Fortiweb...
o HPe products (switches HP Aruba 3810, 5900 )
o Knowledge of Video over IP is an asset (VMS Genetec).
• The work environment bid a huge diversity of technology exposure on applications, network, voice and video products.
• This position assures to the person a learning curve in a lot of different technologies.
• After the outsourcing period, there are evolution opportunities as product specialist and being involved in the services design and/or projects delivery
• Works in collaboration with the operations team and the architect
• Report to the Operations Manager.
• Builds strong team relationships with other Network Engineers.
• Connects directly with end customers and vendors.
• Builds effective working relationships with customers while solving their issues.
• S/he will have a direct communication with the customer
• S/he will provide level 2 technical support to end customers on the different technologies, products, and/or solutions with a special focus on Unified Communication and LAN services.
• S/He will provide the next steps of troubleshooting in case of need
• S/he will share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical issues and solutions in order to enlarge the knowledge database and documentation.
• S/he will escalate the problems to the team if the issue is not to be solved at his/her level.
• S/he will escalate some specific problems to the product manager and/or to the Operations Manager for product enhancement.
• S/he will work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
• S/he will strive to technical excellence and expertise.
• Office hours from 8.00 to 18.00 (early/late shifts ensured by NOC Team).
• The job holders will work mainly inside office hours but maintenance windows may happen outside working hours.
• Location: center of Brussels (30 seconds from Arts-loi metro station).
• Autonomous worker with team spirit (essential)
• Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential)
• Enjoys sharing knowledge.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
• Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment (essential)
• Out-of-the-box thinker (essential)
• Able to take initiative and drive change (essential)
• Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand
• Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement
• Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about IRISnet.
• Team player (essential)
• High "core" networking skills (routing, switching, MPLS)
• Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Unified communication/VOIP, Call Center, Routing, Switching (essential), firewalling
• Knowledge of network Architecture (advantageous)
• Fluent Dutch and French speaker (essential), knowledge of English
Industry or Sector Experience
• Prior experience in a technical ICT / Telecom support environment (advantageous).
• Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential).
• Bachelor’s in computer studies or equivalent by experience.
• Cisco, Fortinet, HPe or other relevant technical certification.
Are you the right candidate for this function ?
Apply to this position by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org