Based in the center of Brussels, IRISnet is a telecom and ICT services provider for the Region of Brussels. As a result of a private-public partnership (PPP) between the Brussels Region and Orange, IRISnet develops, delivers and manages services and regional projects for all its customers among whom: Brussels’s municipalities, hospitals, police and emergency services, Actiris, STIB, Bruxelles Formation, Bruxelles Environnement...
As main asset, IRISnet owns more than 400km optical cables on the Region and has one of the biggest optical fiber footprints on this area. Connecting thousands of sites through different technologies, IRISnet offers many different services to its customers like Connectivity (IP VPN on an MPLS-based core network), Collaboration solutions (VoIP, mobile, convergence features…), Videoprotection, Videoconference, wifi.brussels, managed services (LAN Management…) and so on.
Due to increasing needs for digital services in the Region, IRISnet is growing in terms of turnover, product portfolio and staff, all whilst keeping a rather small size (around 30 employees), which is an asset for fast and agile developments. The combination of its own capabilities and the strong partnerships with the best-in-class actors of the ICT market allow IRISnet to deliver end-to-end, highly competitive and state-of-the-art solutions to its customers.
IRISnet is the ideal environment for those who are into technology and driven to achieve. The company’s core values are built around trust/ownership, client-centricity and partnerships.
IRISnet is led by CEO Thierry Joachim, and their office is in the center of Brussels. For more information, please visit http://irisnet.brussels.
As UCC Expert you will be part of UCC Unit and the key expert in the daily operational needs of the UCC systems deployed & used by IRISnet customers. You will be responsible for maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, repairing and supporting all the IRISnet UCC solutions (networked Audio Visual (AV), Voice and Video over IP (VVoIP), Voice over IP (VoIP) and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) services,… ). You will be the main point of contact for the UCC services with IRISnet customers.
- Configure, implement & coordinate complex UCC projects
- Test, evaluate & migrate standards & new UCC products
- Continually seek, demonstrate, and share knowledge in the UCC field to result in optimum expertise and resources for IRISnet and his customers through consultancy, 3rd level support and presales support
- Level 2 & 3 support to the NOC team for all complex projects, installations & incidents related to UCC solutions:
- Involve the NOC team with delegated projects/tasks.
- Focus on knowledge sharing with the team.
- Lead internal workshops in order to improve NOC members skills
- Provide consultancy: explaining UCC services possibilities, identifying customer requirements & translate them to IRISnet solutions
- Focus on delivering a world class customer experience according to IRISnet standards
- Negotiate terms & conditions with IRISnet key suppliers & partners
- Field questions, find answers, engage partners and IRISnet inside technical partners pro-actively seeking new UCC opportunities from prospects and existing customers
- Utilize a consultative approach to UCC and understand how that technology enables business
- Develop trust and relationships with internal and external partners to effectively and efficiently move complex sales and services opportunities to close for IRISnet customers
- Responsible for the knowledge management: write product documentation, installation guides, customer non-standard solutions,…
- Educate and develop IRISnet sales teams UCC solutions selling
- Stay current on new UCC technology trends and market behavior
- Liaise with sales department to identify technical requirements and develop solutions
- Contribute to sales presentations showcasing all technical features and processes
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field
- At least 3 years’ experience in UCC technologies & solutions
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas is mandatory:
- SIP Protocol
- Telephony functionalities (PABX..)
- Session Border Controller
- Hands-on experience deploying and operating UCC solutions
- Experience with VoIP PBX (cloud and/or on premises), carrier-grade VoIP equipment like SBC and gateways, digital messaging, audio and web conferencing & video conferencing
- Illustrates an in-depth knowledge of how to operate, configure, manage, and provide troubleshooting/restoration services for the UCC solutions
- Good analytical troubleshooting skills, including experience with key tools like Wireshark
- Knowledge of Contact Center Solutions and Microsoft Solutions (Team & Direct Routing)
- Asset: experience in Asteriks, audiocodes gatways and SBC
- Ability to translate customers’ requirements in the IRIsnet UCC solutions
- Proven experience in negotiation
- Strong skills analysis and complex problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong experience writing designs, test plans or other technical documents
- Strong team player who can communicate, motivate, and interact effectively with technical and commercial
- Eager to learn, ability to assimilate quickly new technology knowledge
- Enjoy sharing knowledge with all the stakeholders
- Enable to work in a dynamic fast paced environment that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Able to take initiative and drive change
- Perform well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change
- Adept and effective communicator
- Prior experience in a technical ICT/Telecom support environment
- Fluent in French (essential) and in Dutch, English is an asset
The successful candidate should be:
- Autonomous, self-motivated, engaged and organized, ready to take ownership, set priorities, work towards deliverables, and achieve results
- Customer focused and ability to translate their needs in solutions
- Strong communicator, both oral and written, with presentation and influencing skills
- Team player, collaborates well with people from various backgrounds and develops solid relationships
- Energetic, enthusiast and curious, takes initiatives, identifies opportunities, proposes out-of-the-box solutions and is flexible in quickly adapting to change
For the right candidate, this position offers attractive financial conditions as well as the opportunity to grow and develop within an organization that’s ideal for those who are into technology and driven to achieve.
The UCC Expert reports directly to the Heads of UCC.
He will work from the company’s Brussels office.
Are you the right candidate for this function ?
Apply to this position by sending your CV to: email@example.com