UC PRODUCT MANAGER
IRISnet aims to inspire, connect and support regional players to achieve their ambitions for the Brussels-Capital Region by creating a smart ecosystem, a collaborative network of strong ICT partners.
As main asset, IRISnet owns more than 400km optical cables on the Region and has one of the biggest optical fiber footprints on this area. Connecting thousands of sites through different technologies, IRISnet offers many different services to its customers like Connectivity (IP VPN on an MPLS-based core network), Collaboration solutions (VoIP, mobile, convergence features…), Videoprotection, Videoconference, wifi.brussels, managed services(LAN Management…) and so on.
Due to increasing needs for digital services in the Region, IRISnet is growing in terms of turnover, product portfolio and staff, all whilst keeping a rather small size (around 30 employees), which is an asset for fast and agile developments. The combination of its own capabilities and the strong partnerships with the best-in-class actors of the ICT market allow IRISnet to deliver end-to-end, highly competitive and state-of-the-art solutions to its customers.
IRISnet is the ideal environment for those who are into technology and driven to achieve. The company’s core values are built around trust/ownership, client-centricity and partnerships.
IRISnet is managed by CEO Thierry Joachim, and their office is in the center of Brussels.
The UC Product Manager will be in charge of the product management of IRISnet Unified Communications (UC) Solutions: Videoconferencing, Real-time messaging, broadcasting & webinars, Voice/VoIP, Voice mail and call recording, contact center technology audio conferencing, stream & file sharing / white boards / team spaces, presence & schedule management, quality- and workforce monitoring, unified clients…. The main objective is to define the new UC solution and the new UC offer that meet IRISnet customer’s needs.
Furthermore, the UC Product Manager will have to give In-Life support internally regarding the existing UC portfolio. As part of the commercial team, the UC Product Manager will oversee IRISnet UC Solutions with control on pricing, offer design, feature development, marketing, partners/suppliers management and budget.
Principal accountabilities for this function are:
- Product & Service development (60%)
- Perform all necessary analyses as basis for new product/service development (business case, P&L, benchmark, market analysis).
- Present results and recommendations up to- and including final validation.
- Create business requirements and work closely with the partners and internal teams to guide the product development on all dimensions including content, timing, quality…
- Responsible for GTM readiness, sales enablement and business development support.
- In-Life Management (30%)
- Analyze the incoming problems and questions related to the UC product definition, do the problem-solving, present results and validate a recommendation.
- Handle operational product activities such as pricing updates based on benchmarking.
- Keep Product & Service documentation and marketing materials up to date.
- Define the business requirements of enhancements and follow-up their implementation
- Product & Service expert (5%)
- Keep contact with customers to stay up to date with their needs and expectations.
- Be the guru in the fields of IRISnet UC Solutions from business and high-level technical points of view.
- Keep up to date with market trends and build a long-term product vision and value propositions based on customer needs, competitive analysis and overall IRISnet strategy.
- Customer-facing & supplier/partner-facing (5%)
- Support the salesforce, present products and services to customers
- Evangelizing product vision and value propositions to customers and suppliers/partners.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- 8 years’ experience in Product Management
- At least 3-years of relevant experience in product management within the ICT or telecom sector.
- Mandatory experience in UCC product management
- Experience of developing and delivering a product roadmap with evidence of results.
- Very good understanding and good conceptual knowledge of Unified Communications solutions/ technologies.
- Expertise in project management
- Experience in analytical product management methodologies such as business cases, process development…
- Experience in complex technical design in a public context
- Strong Communications and presentation skills
- Fluent in French (essential) with good knowledge of English and understanding of Dutch.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Windows Office suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
The successful candidate should be:
- Customer focused with care for the customer experience, thereby listening actively to various parties and taking responsibility for customer issues.
- Strong communicator, both oral and written, with presentation and influencing skills (storytelling)
- Team player, by developing solid relationships and by collaborating well with people from various backgrounds.
- Autonomous, self-motivated, engaged and organized, ready to take ownership, set priorities, work towards deliverables, and achieve results.
- Energetic, enthusiast and curious, takes initiatives, identifies opportunities, proposes out-of-thebox solutions and is flexible in quickly adapting to change.
- Analytical with financial insight, familiar with key financial ratios and business indicators.
For the right candidate, this position offers attractive financial conditions as well as the opportunity to grow and develop within an organization that’s ideal for those who are into technology and driven to achieve. The UC Product Manager reports to the Product Marketing team leader and will work from the company’s Brussels office whilst occasionally visiting clients